Sunday, July 1, 2007

we live here!

It's official, we have waaaay too much crap, I mean, stuff. It took 3 truckloads (and that's after the shipping container we filled), but we're all moved in. I found the coffeepot in time for breakfast, and we bought a microwave on the way back from what I hope is our last run to the dump for awhile. The goal for the rest of the day is to clear some paths through the boxes, and organize a bit, and put down fresh linoleum in the bathroom. If there's any time left I want to try to lay down a path of rugs so we can get from bed to the bathroom without putting on shoes.

No pictures, unfortunately, because I'm posting from my phone. Internet access should be up Thursday.

We are already loving living here.. The light in the kitchen in the morning is fabulous, and in the living room in the evening is gorgeous. Plus, the Thai food we had for dinner last night was here in 15 minutes! And it was great!!

After 2 nights of 3 hours of sleep we finally got some rest last night. Which is good because we've got tons to do.. Speaking of which, time to get back to it.

4 comments:

Ayse said...

Welcome to the nabe! I've gotta remember to give you the flyer for the good pizza place.

The Muehli's said...

Just found your blog on houseblogs.net and wanted to say hi. Sounds like you've got lots of unpacking to do but I'm looking forward to getting to know your house more :)

PerfessorEvil said...

Wow... I have no idea how you managed to do all that in such a short time. I am in awe.
Congrats!

irene said...

thanks guys!

Ayse, I would LOVE a flyer for good pizza! The Domino's flyer boy was *really* excited that there was someone living in the house.. but good local pizza would be awesome!