Saturday, February 13, 2010

We Finally Heard Back from Winans Construction!

Well, sorta....

Its been a week since I sent my last letter, where I tell them that I had better hear from them or else the next thing they are going to be hearing from me is my lawyer...as in the deadline is officially past and here's what I get in my email from them...

Winans Construction wins 2010 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) AwardThe National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) named Winans Construction, Inc., in Oakland, CA, 2010 Regional CotY (Contractor of the Year) winner in the Residential Interior $100,000 and Over category of its annual awards competition. The award-winning entry was the remodel of the circa-1908 Alameda home of Celeste and Sam Tamura. Their small upstairs kitchen had been in need of an update for years, while other areas of the house were less than optimal. "The awkwardness of our kitchen kept us from entertaining as much as we would have liked," says Celeste, "We had to cook upstairs and bring the food downstairs to our guests." Read More.....
Winans Construction, Inc.3947 Opal StreetOakland, CA 94609(510) 653-7288info@WinConInc.comwww.WinConInc.com
Winans Construction is a 32-year old design-build firm specializing in major residential remodeling projects in the East Bay, San Francisco and surrounding areas. The company has received numerous local and national awards including the highest recognition for quality achievement in the remodeling industry-the coveted National Remodeling Quality Gold Award.KITCHENS · MASTER SUITES · ADDITIONSBASEMENT CONVERSIONS · BATHROOMSFor more information, visit our website, or

The project this letter is talking about is the one in Alameda who's references we checked and also the project where I said if Winans could show me the stamped set of plans from that were as bad as the set they are trying to pawn off on me that I'd drop most of my issues.

This email looks like it came from the top guy there too.....

Does this seem like a big F-U to you? It kinda seems that way to me.

They are ignoring all my requests to fix our dispute and instead they send me an email about how this project won awards?

3 comments:

L. Opine said...

I don't see it as an F-U. You're probably on their corporate email list and you got a marketing email just like everybody else--nothing personal about it.

Good luck with your resolution.

The MadScientist said...

Hi L.Opine,
Well I still have not heard anything from them as of yet....
Seems very un-professional to me.

The MadScientist said...

Dang I'm bummed this does not show up until the 7th page of google results!!!