Monday, May 3, 2010

This Means War!!

No this isn't yet another post about how Winnans Construction has screwed us over....

This is a post about squirrels! Yes Squirrels! Alameda has the craziest squirrels that I've ever encountered. They have no fear of humans and plunder gardens without hesitation.

This is our neighbors avocado tree which hangs into our yard a good amount. Now of any kind of tree that you are going to have hang into your yard I'd say an avocado is just about the best kind. Before our neighbors cut the tree back we could reach out from our deck and pluck fresh avocados!! I'd like to say we could pluck avocados to our hearts content but nooooo. Half the time the damn squirrels would get to them first! They would always chew the side facing away from us so we wouldn't know the dang thing was ruined until we'd pluck it and find that it was half eaten!! Arrrrrgh!!!!

today I went out in the morning to water the tomato plants and look what I found sitting in Irene's shoes! I swear I didn't fake this, that this is exactly how I found it this morning. Some dang squirrel is taunting us!!!

I still have my BB gun from when I needed it to scare raccoon's away from our pond in the old neighborhood......squirrels are a smaller, faster moving target but I bet I could zing a couple in the butt.....

Nah, that'd be cruel right?

3 comments:

Mom said...

We have the same problem with squirrels and our orange tree. Let us know if you find a solution.

The MadScientist said...

I've heard that if you spray the outside of the oranges with a hot pepper spray the squirrels won't eat them.

PerfessorEvil said...

Man, just don't forget you used the pepper spray and then rub your eyes after peeling an orange...