Friday, June 4, 2010

Bottom Floor Bath Project Illustrated

So I've been learning my new to me house designing program and tried to do up our bottom bath in appropriate style. I got pretty much everything spot on except for the dang glass enclosure for the shower...can not for the life of me figure out how to do that.....

Here's a plan view of the bath with fixtures and electrical symbols.



Crazy overhead rendered view....lots of tile happening in this bathroom! The counter top on the vanity is not tiled but I couldn't figure out how to make it a solid surface.



Here's a shot of the vanity end of the room. Not sure if we are going to do crown molding on this floor but I threw it in just for kicks.



Here's a total side view of everything. You can even see the ceiling mounted rain shower head and the ceiling fan and light. I like how the toilet paper holder is suspended in air in this shot.



That's it for now. I'm still figuring out the plumbing widgets that I need to order to redo all the plumbing in the house with PEX.

Didn't get a lot of helpful advice on how to remove the clapboard siding but I'm working on figuring out a way that won't kill me.

4 comments:

KS said...

Hi,
can I ask what software you used for these?
I am looking at some light remodeling (kitchen, removing walls). I tried "Room Arranger" and also had planned to look into Google SketchUp, but do you have better suggestions?

The MadScientist said...

I used a program called Chief Archetect X1 Its a super fancy program thats kinda expensive for non-pro use.
Google sketch-up is used by a lot of folks but I haven't used it yet.

I'd reccomend Turbo Floorplan 3D. http://imsidesign.com/Products/TurboFloorPlan/TurboFloorPlanHomeLandscapePro/tabid/1650/Default.aspx
I used an earlier version of the program and its great you can really design up just about every aspect of your house and garden with it. Its $100 but I think its worth it.

KS said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Turbofloorplan is indeed very easy to use yet powerful.
I even got commended by an architect friend who I had sent some simple plans made with it, how he never gets plans this good from clients.

The MadScientist said...

Wow KS you almost sound like lame viral marketing! But since I suggested the program it probably isn't. Glad it worked for you.