Grandparents, do you want to be closer to your grandkids but not too close?
Can your kids not afford a nice house in a nice neighborhood in a good school district on their own?
Have we got the house for you! With this duplex you can live all on a single level and your kids and grandkids can live in the 2-story main house. The house is 4 houses down from a nice park for quick and easy trips to the playground with the grandkids and has an amazing outdoor entertaining area in the back yard we refer to as the 'sunken living room'
House is legal Triplex currently set up as duplex. House is mid project. All the expensive work has been done just needs to be finished. Will not qualify for standard loan, only all-cash or 203k buyers.
Why You Should Want the Chez!
1. It’s a legal triplex of ~2858 sq ft with no parking requirements.
2. New foundation-slab where we dug down to give 9’ ceilings on the bottom floor.
3. An extensive under slab drainage system means bottom floor stays bone dry.
4. Earthquake retro-fitting done.
5. Electrical service upgraded to 200amps with 100amp sub-panels on each floor.
6. Natural gas service was upgraded and all the gas lines where re-piped.
7. Warm water radiant heating installed on first two floors. System is set up to also heat 3rd floor. Luxurious, energy efficient heating!
8. Stamped concrete outdoor sunken living room with natural gas plumbed fire pit.
9. New fancy ‘carriage door’ automatic garage door.
10. Custom antique brick driveway and path.
11. All work done with permits.
12. In Franklin School District.
13. 4 Houses down from Little John park.
14. Has tankless water heater installed-Endless eco-friendly hot water.
15. Have complete computer model of house (as-builts) in Chief Architect x1 and model for our 'dream house'. The full set of plans for our 'dream house' remodel is included. Perfect opportunity for a multi-generational household with aspirations of raising their children in a nice neighborhood in a good school district.
Like to BBQ? Like to entertain outdoors? Then this stamped concrete outdoor entertaining area with built in lighting and fire pit is just the thing! This sunken living room is plumbed for natural gas to the fire pit and bbq.
For more information on the house than you could possibly imagine go here http://chezneumansky.blogspot.com/ and kill a few hours.
The house is not on the MLS yet, will be next week, so now is your chance to make an offer before the entire Realtor Universe knows about it.
Showings to pre-qualified buyers only right now.
Seller paying $5k bonus to buyers agent if house is in a successful contract within 30 days of listing on the MLS.
If interested please contact our Realtor. You can email him here MarioMarianiRealtor@hotmail.com
Everything You Need To Know About The 203K Loan
I just learned about it but it seems to be just the ticket for our situation.
Its a government backed loan where you get to roll the cost of the house, the cost to fix up the house AND the first six months of the mortgage payments into the loan and being an FHA loan they only require a 3.5% down payment.
Here's a good article from sfgate that explains it better than I can.
Here's a link to the HUD website that also explains the 203k program.
Here's a link to the HUD website where you can search for a local lender experienced with the 203k loan process.
The 203k is an FHA loan so there is some additional hoops the buyer has to jump through of course.
I spoke to several different local 203k loan experts and I got the best vibe from this guy.
Luis C. Munoz
Renovation Loan Specialist
Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corp
6472 Moraga Ave
Oakland, CA 94611
1 510 825-0300 Cell
1 866 958-1869 E-Fax
This is not an endorsement exactly, but Luis offered to make a house call to help me figure out how to best sell this place through the 203k program and I thought that was going above and beyond. If after reading the info above you are seriously interested in the 203k program I suggest you call Luis as he's local, knows the market, and seemed very knowledgeable on the subject. Tell Luis, Chez Neumansky sent you.
Why the 203k Program Seems So Great
Its a program for moderate income folks, to give them a chance to move to a house/neighborhood that they couldn't afford otherwise.
With this loan, you only have to come up with the 3.5% down payment and then when the first mortgage payment is due after the first six months, you rent out the bottom 1000sq ft apartment. That's gotta take a decent bite outta the mortgage no?
You get a 1858sq ft 3bed 2 bath house to live in and a 1000sq ft apartment to help pay your expenses.