Friday, February 25, 2011

New Lights for the Baths and Kitchen

My First house project on the new place?
Rip out the dirty nasty non functional halogen puck lights under the counters and replace them with nice fluorescent lights.

Here's the old ripped out lights...it really looked like they were installed and wired by retarded monkeys...





And voila the new lights are in! At least there was a switched outlet on top of the cabinets to plug them into. The switch to the left of the sink turns them on.





Here's me futzing with the light on the other side of the stove.
Now I just need to change the overhead light to CF only fixture and I should be title 24 compliant.





Lots of blanked off wall plates in the house. This one is over baby madscientists vanity....






Yay fire!!!! Everyone know's we love fire....but not in my electrical boxes.





Bought new lights for the babies bath and our bath...unfortunately the glass for one of them showed up like this....





Here's the lights we chose. What do y'all think? We looked at a lot of lights....lots and lots and lots of lights...
The lights for the babies bath. Pancake boxes suck.





Here's the same lights installed in our bath. We are thinking of using this line through out the house.
In this shot you can see the medicine cabinet I installed also..yay some storage and a mirror...cept our sink is some how totally plugged....I looked down the drain and gaa...its packed solid with what looks like hair!! ugh...







2 comments:

Roger said...

Hi,
Long time reader of your blog and old house lover. I've seen you at many open houses--we have similar tastes. I was wondering if I could contact you by email or phone, because we're looking to buy a house in Alameda that undoubtedly has permit issues. Since you recently documented permit issues with a house you wound up buying anyway, and seem to know a lot about permits, I was hoping to ask for your advice. If that's something you wouldn't mind doing, please get in touch by email. Thanks in advance. old DOT home DOT buyer AT gmail DOT com.

The MadScientist said...

If you check my profile from the blog landing page there is a link there to email me.

I'll help you out if I can.