Today Marks Our 1st Month In Chez 3.0
I thought I'd put together a little list of things about the house now that we've lived here a month. So, no particular order my thoughts on Chez 3.0.
- Its big! and I'm old, we've never lived on more than one level before and this place has 3 levels of real living space....its a lot harder to go up and down 2 flights of stairs constantly...
- I hate all the toilets...they are all these weird cheapo 3/4 size toilets..not super comfortable to sit on.
- You can hear the bee's when sitting on the toilet in baby MadScientist's bathroom.
- There is never a light switch where you expect there to be and when there is a switch, it never controls what you think it should...I don't get it, why would the PO's of even bothered taking all the wall outlets, and switches? If you had fancy lights I guess I can see taking those, but the outlets and switches? weird..
- Living with forced air heat isn't as horrible as we thought it would be...the air is surely a lot dryer than we're used to.
- Having that big concrete driveway and parking area is both a boon and a bane. A bane cause in general we hate yards covered in concrete but a boon as it gives baby MadScientist plenty of space to ride her scooter-which she absolutely loves to do.
- Funky bathroom without a shower and low ceilings on the top floor is a perfect spot to give baby MadScientist a bath.
- We've got slightly less than a month to get all the plans finished and turned into the city....that timeline seems insane now...
- Love having the sorta private kid space and family room in the back of the house.
- We never use the front door! Well, except to get the mail...we go in and out of the back door and that area and bathroom has turned into a mudroom-landing pad space for all our stuff.
- Definitely need curtains on the main level as sitting in there feels very fish bowlish now.
- Kitchen is still way to small and poorly laid out. Though now after using it for a month we have some ideas on how to make it better.
- Cleaning this place is a HUGE PITA!!!
- We really, really love the place and it feels perfect for us.