Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Bday, Happy 4th, Happy End of Escrow, Happy House Warming

PaaaaaaarTaaaaayy!!!!!!

So, we had a ton of reasons to celebrate over the 4th of July weekend so we decided to have a big ole cook-out. We where celebrating a birthday, the 4th of July, the end of escrow on Chez 2.0 and well, we hadn't officially had a house warming party yet....annnnnd it was decided that I should finally get a 'grown-up' hair cut....

First Off, Check Out The Menu!!

Yummmmm, Tasty!


It was about a million degrees outside. Or at least it felt that way with me working the BBQ all day...
You can just see me in the corner at the grill...

Lots of ice water was drank.

We borrowed several pop-ups for shade for the food, and people.

There were cakes.



and cool kids...

And the main event...
video

It seems like we have 50 million good friends who are professional hair stylists...you know the type that work in fancy saloons and it costs like a million  dollars to get your hairs cut? Well, they've all been vying for the honor of whacking my 'do for a while now...cept that all of them were out of town for the holidays except one...so she got stuck doing it...I was really hoping for like a cage match to determine the winner but no dice.

Looks like someone cut off a horses tail or something...

Baby madmadscientist doesn't know what to make of daddy's new hair do.

I was completely prepared to have my head shaved clean but after the big whack was made all the woman in attendance liked the new 'do so much it was decided to just clean it up and go with it...

Couple thoughts on the new 'do. I feel so much lighter!! Showers go much quicker!! And I'm hardly going to use any shampoo...

Women have this irresistible need to play with it.. ;)

Anywho, good turn out for our first big party. Lots of people, and cute kids and cute babies...and lots of people who think we're absolutely barking mad for buying this place with all its many, serious issues....

1 comment:

Paradox a.k.a. Paradoxflaw said...

As a former member of the "hair to my butt" club, allow me to welcome you to the "oh gawd oh gawd, what have I done" club! You having the weird sensation of standing straighter/taller yet? Never realized how much hair weighed and how out of alignment I got until it was gone.