Friday, July 8, 2011

Realtor Schenanigans Part 4.

This was also written a while ago but I was persuaded not to publish until we closed on Chez 2.0

Good Lord, is this going to be a never ending series?

This next Realtor Story is something that I just think is weird-lame.

I don't think I know of a single Alameda-based Realtor that showed Chez 2.0 to a single client??? Wait, I can think of two off the top of my head....

Okay but here's the weird part.

I know that for sure there were at least 8 potential buyers who wanted to tour Chez 2.0 and their Realtor couldn't be bothered to show it to them!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

They either had their clients contact my Realtor for a showing directly, or they called him up to arrange for him to show it to their clients??

Seriously, WTF is up with that???

Is that not their job? What's the good reason these people could not show the house to their clients?

I know Chez 2.0 was a unique case where it wasn't going to appeal to a ton of people. In fact, I'd say that these 8 Alameda-based buyers with Alameda-based Realtors who were interested in the house enough to want to schedule a special tour were probably the majority of that pool....

So I ask again, what's the good reason for the Realtors to not do their job? Laziness? Animosity towards me? It's not like Chez 2.0 was very far for any Alameda-based Realtor to go???

Way to go Realtors, earn your pay!

I learned another thing about the business.
In past reviews, I've often said how annoying it is when you go tour an open house and the Realtor showing the house is not the selling Realtor and they don't seem to know a damn single useful thing about the house?  I was always like, what's the friggen point of you taking up space then???

Well, I recently had a Realtor set me straight about why that happens. According to this source, doing open houses is the #1 way for Realtors to get new clients. That sorta makes sense from my experience. Usually when I'm trying to ask the showing Realtor a question they interrupt me half way through to press me about whether or not I have my own Realtor. When I tell them I already do I can see them slump and then they start to act like I'm wasting their time!!!

So, I get why a Realtor would want to show a house which is not their listing. Now I also get why they usually don't know a damn thing about the house, they don't care. They are not there to help sell the house they are there to primarily get new clients. Okay I get that.

Here's what I don't get: The listing agent knows that too!! Why in the hell would they ever, let anyone else show the house?

Seriously, I don't understand this....

No comments: