Friday, September 28, 2012

More Water Through The Ceiling In The Dining Room

This was just exactly what I needed while desperately trying to finish the kitchen under the very, very strict code enforcement permit time lines....

Water Dripping From The Ceiling!!!!
Hurray!!!!!!

That makes it three times now....
I bet y'all know what I'm thinking...that same friggen tenant left her water running for a third time? That's two times too many...and she's away on vacation!
So, I go racing upstairs and make emergency access to both units to determine where the water is coming from.
I tear through the units and find.......
Nothing.... I tear through the most likely culprit again, ....nothing....
The water is absolutely not coming from the units...that's good, cause I was going to perform my first ever eviction if it was, I tell you what!

It wasn't a lot of water, not like last time. We don't have any access to this area of the ceiling...I was looking at cutting into the ceiling to investigate...not a happy prospect as this is still the original lathe and plaster part of the home...

But then, Mrs MadMadScientist saves the day....She says, I just noticed that the toilet on the top floor bathroom is leaking from the tank bolts. A pretty steady drip too.
We turned off the water supply to the toilet, drained the tank and stopped the drip.
The leak in the ceiling stopped also!! Hurray!!!

I have no idea what sort of bizarre circuitous route that water was taking to go down two stories and into the dining room ceiling...

But, Hurray, problem solved without having to cut into the ceiling.
 

No comments: