Friday, January 11, 2013

Kitchen Is Done...For Real This Time

When I say done I mean of course 'not really done' but five year done.

Which means we've got the kitchen to a point where it is usable and we can live with it for five years until we get everything else done and save up enough cash to do our 'dream kitchen'.

Now Some Pics

Check out this awesome shot of our awesome stove finally after five years hooked up and working!

Closer up shot of my horrible sheet metal work...
We've cooked several meals on the stove so far and the double stick tape holding the stainless steel sheet to the fridge hasn't melted! The gap between the fridge and the wall is because I forgot that our fridge does not sit flush against the back wall....duh...
The hood is pretty amazing..on high we have to crack a window nearby and then it really sucks. No problem bbq'ing in there now.

Mrs. MadMadScientist had a great idea for the giant hole in the back splash thing...
Turn it into an art piece! That's a baby MadMadScientist original.

Horrible epoxy job...
Yep in this pic and the one above you can see my 'invisible repair'....I bought the official epoxy and colorant for granite...and I mixed it up to look just like peanut butter! Then, it kicked off too fast, before I had time to remove the tape and smooth it down...it literally looks like I filled the gaps with peanut butter!

We've got more storage!!!
In the random niche in the kitchen we installed a pull out pantry and a pull out garbage can set.
I screwed this up a bit too...you'll see... The lower door is not inline with the upper...I have to reset it...

Pretty Doors
I was able to buy custom sized doors online made out of cherry. I should of ordered them 2" wider as that would of hidden a lot of flaws....They are stained with a antique chestnut oil stain....I was literally installing these doors and handles on Xmas eve minutes before guests were set to arrive....stressful...

The upper door had to be notched a smidgen...

But look, it holds sooo much stuff.
Its got the great auto close system so you just give it a push and it gently closes itself. Which, now that I think of it probably isn't optional. The cabinet loaded down weighs a ton and if someone where to slam it everything inside would probably go flying.

Trash!
Why they thought making trashcans white was a good idea is beyond me....
The lidded one is the trash and the back can is for the recycling. I did not spring for the fancy slide model on this one as it was a huge increase in price and it didn't seem necessary.

So, its not perfect (of course) but its a waaaaaaay more functional kitchen than it was before we started the redo.

No comments: