Sunday, February 3, 2013

KnifeCatching 1325 Dayton Ave Redux

Read This:The following review is just my opinion and only my opinion I am not a professional house appraiser or inspector and I am not a structural engineer. The opinions expressed in this review are based on my own inspection of the property, the publicly available facts from aggregator sites such as Redfin and Zillow and the online permit database for the city of Alameda. I am not responsible for incorrect or missing data that appears in these sources. In fact, its probably best that you just ignore everything you read here as the lunatic ravings of an unbalanced mind.

No this is not a mea culpa post....its more of a 'I told ya so!!!' post...

KnifeCatching 1325 Dayton Ave.
Or maybe I should use this tag from the selling Realtors description.
Property is currently uninhabitable.
or
Extensive code violations

Up for re-review today is 1325 Dayton Ave. which has the official specs of being a 7-4.5(the listing claims the house has 6 baths....) of 5048 sq ft on a huge 14,250 sq ft lot built in 1909 last sold in '98 for $789,000, on sale now for $1.25M. The redfin page is pretty decent for this listing with a ton of pics. Also check out the 'video walkthrough.'

That's right folks, an uninhabitable house for the low, low price of $1.25M!?!?!?!?!

Did the bubble come back when I wasn't looking???
Read my original in-depth review here.

Check out the selling Realtors description of the house on any of the big real estate sites....so fricken funny!!! Its just two lines and goes like this.
 
REO * * * Fixer in the heart of the Gold Coast. Property is currently uninhabitable. Extensive code violations and no utilities at the property. No financing available - must be a cash purchase.

What I especially love is all the super-fancy-schmancy advertising for the place is all still up!!
Like this YouTube video! For an un-inhabitable house!!!

The selling history is also uh, interesting....

Records

For completeness, Redfin often displays two records for one sale: the MLS record and the public record. Learn More.

Date Event Price Appreciation Source
Jan 30, 2013 Relisted (Back On Market)
EBRD #40580287
Jan 29, 2013
Relisted (Active)
MLSListings #81225045
Nov 04, 2012
Pending (Pending (Do Not Show))
MLSListings #81225045
Jul 27, 2012 Pending
EBRD #40580287
Jul 20, 2012 Relisted (Back On Market)
EBRD #40580287
Jul 13, 2012 Pending
EBRD #40580287
Jul 13, 2012
Pending (Pending Without Release)
MLSListings #81225045
Jul 05, 2012
Listed (Active)
$1,250,000 MLSListings #81225045
Jul 03, 2012 Listed (New)
$1,250,000 EBRD #40580287
Dec 05, 2011
Sold (Public Records)
This home was sold at a

Foreclosure

auction.
$1,165,500
Public Records
Nov 25, 1998
Sold (Public Records)
$789,000 Public Records
Seriously, how many times can a house go on and off pending status?
What do y'all think that means? I think it means that once the potential buyers got reports in on the place that they all freaked and ran.
Annnnnnnd the bank hasn't dropped the price?
Annnnnd its an all cash only sale! Sure I think I got that much in my couch cushions, don't you?
Did they do any work on the place? You'd think that, that would of been mentioned in the ad no?

So fricken funny and wow, so self deluded...

I've been trying to link my blog posts to the redfin pages of houses that I have reviewed yet they never seem to link? Anybody have any idea why?

And that's the way I see it.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought the heck-of-a-wreck on Central near Grand (the one that is now, finally, being renovated) was awful but this place takes the cake.

Anonymous said...

We recently noticed that eyesore near Central & Grand was getting some work done. Or at least the trees in front got chopped, a chainlink fence was put up and that damn van got towed. I'd love to hear a history about that house and how/why it was allowed to look like that for so many years. Now that's gotta be a good story!

The MadScientist said...

I like that, 'heck of a wreck'.
I'll post what I know of the story of 1617 Central.

Anonymous said...

Just saw this. Would love to hear your story about the place. I'm just glad it got sold and hopefully the new owners will actually do something with it. It was such an eyesore.

http://www.1617central.info/Investigative_Report.html