We are in fact, dang near done with it! Hurray!!!!!
Here's pics of the 'final' leg moving mechanism.
I hope y'all will see a big difference between these and the plastic and wood prototypes.
The new followers on a real shaft with UHMW plastic bushings.
The followers and the new cam.
The UHMW plastic cam
We used 1/2" tubing as the shaft.
The shaft will ride on these two, two-bolt flange bearings.
Now, see the spider mechanism in action!!
I have also been working on the lighting for the prop.
Here is the cool little LED waterproof spot light I am using.
Here's a video of the light in action.
Along with the spot light there will be two little strobes that fire when the prop is activated.
Here's a little video showing them in action.
I'm really pleased with how this lifter turned out. It has a nice tight movement with zero slop.
We used bronze bushings everywhere and Teflon washers elsewhere.
The 4-bar lifter in action!
is also what the pinchers like to run on.
Whew, okay now I gotta get back to finishing this thing...