Monday, January 26, 2015

Knife Catching 1717 Encinal Ave.

Read This:The following review is just my opinion and only my opinion I am not a professional house appraiser or inspector and I am not a structural engineer. The opinions expressed in this review are based on my own inspection of the property, the publicly available facts from aggregator sites such as Redfin and Zillow and the online permit database for the city of Alameda. I am not responsible for incorrect or missing data that appears in these sources. In fact, its probably best that you just ignore everything you read here as the lunatic ravings of an unbalanced mind.

Knife Catching 1717 Encinal Ave.


Up for review today is 1717 Encinal Ave. which has the official specs of being a 2-1.5 on
one floor with a whopping 2115 sq ft. on a 6300 sq ft lot built in 1910 on sale for $729,900.
Its advertised as a multi-level building with a finished basement with a full bath and
two additional bedrooms, ahem.

To the official online permit records! Guess what they tell me? That a permit to renovate the house
has never been pulled! EVER! The basement was finished and a full bath was added with no permits.
I can't tell from the pictures exactly but it sure looks to me like the interior of the house is newer
than 1910.....hmmmmmmm.

From the picture it also looks like the house has asbestos siding! Yikes!!!

So we have a house that was NEVER OFFICALLY UPGRADED!, with lots of illegal
construction, it should sell for under asking right, nope!
What is going on here?
Okay I was a little late with this one cause its already sold!!!
Guess for how much? It went for well over asking!

The final sale price is, gulp, $890k!!!!
Oh for the love of Pete.
How, how, how can a house with so many issues go for so much more!!!
People, they be crazy.

2115 sq ft for $890,000. These people must have all cash offers as I can't believe that it would
honestly appraise out.
Bubble, Bubble, toil and trouble.

No comments: