Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Knife Catching 2063 Alameda Ave.

Read This:The following review is just my opinion and only my opinion I am not a professional house appraiser or inspector and I am not a structural engineer. The opinions expressed in this review are based on my own inspection of the property, the publicly available facts from aggregator sites such as Redfin and Zillow and the online permit database for the city of Alameda. I am not responsible for incorrect or missing data that appears in these sources. In fact, its probably best that you just ignore everything you read here as the lunatic ravings of an unbalanced mind.
Knife Catching 2063 Alameda Ave.
Up for review today is 2063 Alameda Ave. which has the official specs of being a 4-4 of
4086 sq ft built in 1890 on a 7500 sq ft lot now going for the low low price of....$2.15M It was
originally on sale for $2.3M but the seller dropped the price after being on the market for 121 days.
Wow, really it was on the market that long and they didn't think about dropping the price till now?

I have to admit that I've been following this house for my own selfish reasons. On paper this house is
the house that mostly closely resembles Chez 3.0. So, if this place sold for $2.3M then that means
Chez 3.0 is also worth $2.3M right? riiiiiiiiiight, I wish. After way too long they dropped it to $2.15
which is a more sane number, I mean, it is a lot of house. Unfortunately for them our house just got
appraised for $1.3M so there is A LOT of distance between what they want and what the market
thinks is worth. Nevertheless I will be watching what this place sells for intently.

The house is advertised as a 6-5 and I can't honestly tell where the extra bedrooms come in on the
permit record. According to the permit record it also looks like its still on its original brick foundation! If I was going to buy this house I would make the seller match up the work to the permit
record. I've read the long convoluting records and I can't tell what's legal and what's not.

Buyer Beware more than usual.

And that's the way I see it.
 

3 comments:

Paul said...

Great posts the last few days - please keep em coming!

Paul.

Paradox said...

So are you still persona non grata at the open-houses, or did they finally lift the blacklist?

:D

Jokes aside, great posts (as always)!

The MadScientist said...

I haven't toured these places so I don't know if my ban has been lifted.
these last couple of reviews have been just from the pictures and a search of the public records.