Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Knife Catching 2719 Clay St.

Read This:The following review is just my opinion and only my opinion I am not a professional house appraiser or inspector and I am not a structural engineer. The opinions expressed in this review are based on my own inspection of the property, the publicly available facts from aggregator sites such as Redfin and Zillow and the online permit database for the city of Alameda. I am not responsible for incorrect or missing data that appears in these sources. In fact, its probably best that you just ignore everything you read here as the lunatic ravings of an unbalanced mind.
Knife Catching 2719 Clay St.

Todays house has the official specs of being a 3-2 of 1846 sq ft on a 3825 corner lot going for
the low, low price of.......$985k!!!!
Yep that's right, 1846 sq ft for $985k!?!?!?!?!?

Now I've looked at the specs, and I've looked at the pics and wow, this is a really cute little
place. But Holy Moly $985k!?!?! gah.

I looked at the permit record and I found a few hiccups (a house going for this much $/sq ft
should not have any hiccups). Hiccup #1 the listing is claiming a .5 bath more than the public
facts and I can find no permit record for it. Also, take a look at the kitchen area....does that look
original to you or does it look brand new?  No kitchen remodeling permit pulled that I can see.

So, cute little house with an unknown amount of illegal construction on a privacy free corner lot
all for the low, low price of $985k.

GAH! I say, GAH!

And that's the way I see it.


 

No comments: