Bottom Floor Bath Project Illustrated
So I've been learning my new to me house designing program and tried to do up our bottom bath in appropriate style. I got pretty much everything spot on except for the dang glass enclosure for the shower...can not for the life of me figure out how to do that.....
Here's a plan view of the bath with fixtures and electrical symbols.
Crazy overhead rendered view....lots of tile happening in this bathroom! The counter top on the vanity is not tiled but I couldn't figure out how to make it a solid surface.
Here's a shot of the vanity end of the room. Not sure if we are going to do crown molding on this floor but I threw it in just for kicks.
Here's a total side view of everything. You can even see the ceiling mounted rain shower head and the ceiling fan and light. I like how the toilet paper holder is suspended in air in this shot. That's it for now. I'm still figuring out the plumbing widgets that I need to order to redo all the plumbing in the house with PEX.
Didn't get a lot of helpful advice on how to remove the clapboard siding but I'm working on figuring out a way that won't kill me.

4 comments:
Hi,
can I ask what software you used for these?
I am looking at some light remodeling (kitchen, removing walls). I tried "Room Arranger" and also had planned to look into Google SketchUp, but do you have better suggestions?
I used a program called Chief Archetect X1 Its a super fancy program thats kinda expensive for non-pro use.
Google sketch-up is used by a lot of folks but I haven't used it yet.
I'd reccomend Turbo Floorplan 3D. http://imsidesign.com/Products/TurboFloorPlan/TurboFloorPlanHomeLandscapePro/tabid/1650/Default.aspx
I used an earlier version of the program and its great you can really design up just about every aspect of your house and garden with it. Its $100 but I think its worth it.
Thanks for the recommendation, Turbofloorplan is indeed very easy to use yet powerful.
I even got commended by an architect friend who I had sent some simple plans made with it, how he never gets plans this good from clients.
Wow KS you almost sound like lame viral marketing! But since I suggested the program it probably isn't. Glad it worked for you.
Post a Comment